holloween kdrama style
It’s that spooky time of the year again, folks! And I’m quite excited that my first mandatory in-season post will be about my favorite holiday! Yay!
Yup, I love holloween! It started when I was going through the goth loving phase in my teens. It then spawned into a wiccan fascination phase well into my early adult years. In case you’re wondering, I have been on a bright and sun shiny phase for years now. I have a feeling this one will stick around longer.
Going back. So what I love best about holloween of course is the costume parties. Every year I get to see the scariest or most ingenius of costumes. Lately though, the trend leans more towards ingenius and nerdy.
So how do I make my first ever holloween post distinct but relevant? Make a Korean version, of course. Duh!
What’s you favorite scary movie?
Inspired by this famous line from the movie Scream, I came up with my own list of favorite scary kdrama characters. So here goes.
1. The Psycho Killer. Park Bo Gum’s character in I Remember You is a testament to his high caliber acting. Looking at this manboy with a sweet smile and a gentle personality, one will never guess that he would be able pull off a convincing portrayal of a psycho killer.
2. The Mad King. Hong Jong Jyun’s Wang So character portrayal in Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo was so infuriating and pure evil that you almost cannot believe that the actor playing it is actually humble and charming in real life.
3. The Bloodthirsty Vampire. Lee Soo Hyuk’s sharp facial features make for a perfect vampire that he even got to play it twice. In real life, this former runway model prankster will melt your heart with his killer smile.
4. The Bad Guy Next Door. Kim Woo Bin is the perfect bad guy of this generation, with his towering height and signature angry scowl. No one would even dare sneak a peek at his direction. Off screen, he is known to be a gentle giant who is mild mannered and a good sport even when being pranked by his hoobaes. Get well soon Woo Bin!
5. The Big Bad Monster. The baddest looking EXO member. Kai’s fierce and piercing stare set on his stoic face gives off a scary, don’t-you-even-dare vibe. But we are not fooled coz in reality, this man-brat has an endearing smile and an exhilirating laugh that makes him so adorable. Not to mention his famous half-smile and wink combo that truly makes our hearts and (lady parts) flutter.